Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Bend in the Road: Fiction Writing

Dear Reader,

So, I've been thinking for a while about how to revitalize the How: I've been lacking the time to devote to a number of my projects, and with other exciting things coming down the pike, I've decided that I'm going to expand the content on this site to include other projects that I'm working on that will still assist in the mission of the Insurgency: to provide a bastion of hope on topics that are being assaulted from all sides today.

Lucy Montgomery talks about the uncertainty of life, and how it can paralyze people when they are looking for direction (not unlike my thoughts for this blog). But I love her optimistic take on such situations:

Anne's horizons had closed in since the night she had sat there after coming home from Queen's; but if the path set before her feet was to be narrow she knew that flowers of quiet happiness would bloom along it. The joy of sincere work and worthy aspiration and congenial friendship were to be hers; nothing could rob her of her birthright of fancy or her ideal world of dreams. And there was always the bend in the road!

"God's in His heaven; all's right with the world," Anne whispered softly.
~ Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables, Chapter XXXVIII


I think a bend in the road is exactly what the How needs: a new direction, one that may lead back to the road I initially set for it, but one that will help it to embrace a larger group of people, fill more needs for the readership, and stay up with some of the exciting things that God has placed before me, and on my heart.

One of the things I'll be doing is including some of my work in creative writing. I'm currently working on a sci-fi futuristic novel, a series of short stories (3000 words or less) on a new theory for psychology (one articulated and formulated from a Christian perspective, not a Freudian or Jungian perspective), and a number of fairy tales, all of which I'd like to place on this blog (if for no other reason than archiving for future use). I may also include a number of artwork pieces I'm designing to accompany what I'm discussing in the stories, but we'll see about that - I'm not much of an artist, :P

I'm really excited about what the next few posts could hold; as I travel for a living, writing in airports is a constant part of life, and there's a good amount of stimulation that comes from seeing people when their defenses are down, and they are being real with each other - and what better place than an airport to find those kinds of people?

Looking forward to sharing some adventures with you,

Keep watching the stars,

Centaur

No comments:

Post a Comment

As moderator, I reserve the right to edit or reject any and all posts on this blog. Speak respectfully--even talking animals have a sense of decency, :-D